Wednesday, February 02, 2011
Computers & Cous Cous
I’m no expert in computers, but I can help out with a few basic problems. I took a computer maintenance course when we first moved to Glasgow, as I was getting so many requests to help with malfunctioning computers. Quite often in Arabic speaking homes, going to help with a computer means that I get generously fed. Actually, I often think the ‘computer problems’ can also be an excuse to get Emma and I over for a bit of hospitality and conversation.
Last week, we went to see an Algerian family we've got to know; it was to have a look at their computer, but it wasn't long until food appeared on the table. Niamh enjoyed her first taste of proper Algerian cous cous.
Last week, we went to see an Algerian family we've got to know; it was to have a look at their computer, but it wasn't long until food appeared on the table. Niamh enjoyed her first taste of proper Algerian cous cous.

Our daughter was the centre of attention (not as if that’s out of the ordinary) and was so overwhelmed with affection from our Algerian friend’s daughters, that Niamh fell asleep immediately in her car seat.
0 comments :
Post a Comment
