Friday, October 08, 2010
In Chicago
Niamh all packed and ready for her first long-haul flight.Apologies in advance for the lack of updates over the next 12 days. We’re on holiday, spending time with my parents in Chicago. My sister is en route and should be with us tomorrow. It’s quite rare that all of us would be in the same place at the same time!
Niamh did ok on her first trans-Atlantic flight, but I’ll need to readjust my traveling expectations. Flying with a seven month old baby means that catching the in-flight film and finishing that book on psychology for Christian ministry was probably not a realistic goal! Emma and I are coping with the jetlag relatively well; Niamh, on the other hand, isn’t chuffed with her altered schedule and is too tired to nap. I’m sure she’ll fall back into a routine eventually though.
Our main reason to be in Chicago is to spend time with family, but we will try to see a number of other friends and supporters in the area. But as always, 12 days is never as long as it seems. So apologies if we didn’t get to see you, but we will be back! Furlough isn’t too far off...
Niamh did ok on her first trans-Atlantic flight, but I’ll need to readjust my traveling expectations. Flying with a seven month old baby means that catching the in-flight film and finishing that book on psychology for Christian ministry was probably not a realistic goal! Emma and I are coping with the jetlag relatively well; Niamh, on the other hand, isn’t chuffed with her altered schedule and is too tired to nap. I’m sure she’ll fall back into a routine eventually though.
Our main reason to be in Chicago is to spend time with family, but we will try to see a number of other friends and supporters in the area. But as always, 12 days is never as long as it seems. So apologies if we didn’t get to see you, but we will be back! Furlough isn’t too far off...
0 comments :
Post a Comment
