Friday, September 11, 2015
Speaking, training
As many of you know, Emma was recently doing some training and facilitating discussion for a brilliant group called Edinburgh Churches for Sanctuary, and she is due to do a follow up session later this month on the 17 September. It's all the more pertinent now that Edinburgh is now set to welcome 100 Syrian refugees -- more than double the original number suggested. I was there speaking on a panel for their launch event about six months ago; so encouraging to see how much things have progressed in that time and how many volunteers have come forward. With all the current media focus on offering sanctuary for Syrian refugees and outpouring of goodwill, I think ECfS are setting a great example on how to get things done (especially that they've been at this for a while and are committed to the issue for the long haul).
Tomorrow morning, I'm speaking at a Church of Scotland hosted mission training event called "Overcoming Barriers, Building Bridges", which is all about the role of Christian witness in our increasingly multi-faith society. I'm leading a semiar on the issue of "Welcoming Migrants." I hoping to draw on the biblical and theological basis of a Christian approach to welcome and then discuss some practical examples about how we can offer welcome.
Prayers for this are appreciated. We enjoying teaching and facilitating discussion, but hope that this all goes beyond meetings and is useful in equipping others to get involved in serving and sharing the gospel with refugees, asylum seekers, and other migrants.
P.
0 comments :
Post a Comment
