Monday, September 14, 2015

Overcoming Boundaries, Building Bridges Conference



To follow up the last post -- I had a great time on Saturday at the "Overcoming Boundaries, Building Bridges" conference that covered some of the issues raised in the Church of Scotland's recently published Interfaith and Mission Report.  A good group of people came to my seminar on "Welcoming Migrants."  There were so many good questions and discussions that I didn't have time to finish.  I always think that's better than running through all the prepared material, but leaving people bored!  All the seminars were of really high quality and Dr David Smith's opening talk on "Christ's Mission in a Multi-Faith Society: Challenges and Opportunities" was both challenging and hopeful.  The closing worship was sung in Urdu and English and led on tabla drums, which was a fitting end to a conference about the breadth of God's mission for the world.

The Interfaith and Mission Report is well worth reading.  It was commissioned by the Church of Scotland and, obviously, speaks to the context here, but it's scope is much broader.  I'd say it is relevant for anybody interested in the church's mission, regardless of denomination.

A link to the report is here: Interfaith and Mission Report (by the way, it's free!)



I also enjoyed being in Queen's Park Govanhill Parish Church, which I've driven by many times, but I've never been inside.  It's a beautiful building and their yellow doors add a nice splash of colour to the street when Glasgow is grey and dreich.




Posted by Paul and Emma at 3:27 pm |  

0 comments :

Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )