Monday, May 17, 2010

Turkey Delights

As many of you know, I was recently in Turkey for the “International Leadership Forum” (ILF) conference with International Teams. Though I knew the conference would be worthwhile, I was initially distracted by all that “still needed to be done” in Glasgow as well as leaving Emma and Niamh for more than a week.

My time at ILF was brilliant and I have returned to Glasgow refreshed and reenergised for ministry. The only twinge of disappointment is that Emma wasn’t there; I know she would’ve enjoyed meeting everybody and being a part of things (though I know she had a great time with family and friends in Belfast).

A lot happened in Turkey, but I will try to summarise what made the conference so significant:

> Worshipping with the International Teams family. ITeams is a diverse organisation with teams and workers from all over the world. It was great to be reminded that there is unity in the diversity with a vision to make Christ known to the nations. Even though this was my first time at ILF, it had the feeling of a joyful family reunion.
> Meeting people face to face. Though long-distance communication in this Facebooked and Skyped era is easier than ever, these digital mediums are no substitute for meeting people face to face.
> Sharing ideas and learning. There were great opportunities to learn as well as sharing my own experiences. It was a blessing to hear what other ITeams workers are doing around the world. Hearing from ITeams’ leadership and discussing issues with them. Our leadership displayed great unity and humility as they prayerfully plan for the future.
> Meeting up with friends working Greece. It was great to see some of my old teammates from Athens, they’re great fun. It was also exciting to hear all the things God is doing there. Even though we’ve been away from Greece for two years, the ministry there remains very close to my heart.
> Prayer. It was a blessing receive prayer and to pray for colleagues from all over the world.
> Turkey. While in Greece, I always wanted to see what things were like on the other side of the Aegean. Though my time was packed with seminars and workshops, I did get out to see the local port town. Fascinating place and wonderful food.

Learning about what is happening around the world at ILF.

A street in a local town.





Posted by Paul and Emma at 4:10 pm |  

0 comments :

Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )