Monday, January 18, 2010

Long time, no blog

It’s been too long since I’ve updated the blog! The run up to Christmas was hectic and we’ve hit the ground running after the holidays, though now it’s a different type of busyness: that is, getting things ready for the new arrival in February.

The past week was Emma’s final week of ‘work’ and she is now taking things a bit slower.

In thinking about the baby, I too will need to look at my own schedule, deciding what activities are priorities and what needs to be dropped. I have made the decision that I will not pioneer any ‘new’ initiatives until the spring, keeping on with my current core activities: the weekly drop-ins, counselling studies, visiting, Tuesday night Bible study, and the football club.

So please continue to pray for us as we look forward to big changes!

On another note, I recently received the following card from a Christian Iranian friend who is going through a very difficult time. It seems that the shop had run out of traditional Christmas themed cards and he had to do with what was left over. Interestingly, this made the artwork on the card seem even more relevant. The artist’s (Sieger Köder) painting is an expresson of lament (specifically: Lam 1:4), though the picture also serves as a reminder that in the depths of lament, we know one who invites us to “come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest…” (Mt 11:28 NRSV). It is a testament to our friend’s faith how he has clung to this truth during a time of trial
.




Posted by Paul and Emma at 8:27 pm |  

0 comments :

Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )