Monday, November 09, 2009

New Flat Pics, etc.

Outside our flat

I finally got around to taking some photos of our new flat. We’ve been really happy with the place, for the most part. The building is much friendlier, our neighbours downstairs are well known in the community—though this makes for some funny situations. I was opening the balcony door earlier today and some woman I’ve never seen before shouts at me from the street below, “congratulations! I hear you’re going to be a dad soon!” How quickly word spreads...

Nicer on the inside than the outside...

We’re now much closer to the Red Road flats, which is very good from our point of view as it gives us a better base for this part of the community. In the last flat, we were much closer to Sighthill. Now we’re about equidistant between the two.

Red Road, just down the road.

The location is ideal. We’re further from the high street and pubs, which means a lot less noise and fights at night, but we’re now closer to the other train station and bus stops. We’re very accessible to any of our refugee friends who want to visit and still living in the same community. We’re also on a hill, so on those rare clear days, the view is fantastic. Earlier today, I could see the whole of Glasgow, as well as Edinburgh’s Pentland Hills, and the Southern Uplands.

Do continue to pray for our community with the upcoming by-election. Pray that the community will vote and get constructively involved in improving their community, rather than voting out of fear or scapegoating others.
I might post a blog on this issue later, but the Theos has a very thoughtful article on the Christian response to the British National Party, who have been doing overtime spreading their disturbing message in Springburn: Can Christians do anything to tackle the BNP?


Without further ado, here are some more photos:

The 'Newlands' highflats from our window, a rare clear Autumn sunset.

A local factory at sunset, also from our window.

Fireworks on the 'last night of the proms', from Glasgow Green -- our view over the city is great.


Posted by Paul and Emma at 5:31 pm |  

1 comments :

Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )