Thursday, March 05, 2009
Snowfall

We’ve just had some more snow in Scotland. Nothing like it was three weeks ago, but it has been significantly colder this week, a small reminder that spring has not yet arrived.The snow this morning reminded me of a good experience last time it snowed.
I was out in the evening visiting some Iraqi friends in Sighthill. When it was time to head home, there was about four inches of snow lying on the ground. Most people were trying to get inside as quick as possible, we stayed outside in the cold and had a brilliant snowball fight. It might seem rather insignificant, but the guys have been through a very difficult time recently, so it was wonderful to see them enjoying themselves, forging some good memories in Glasgow.I’ve posted some pictures below of Glasgow in the evening snow.
I was out in the evening visiting some Iraqi friends in Sighthill. When it was time to head home, there was about four inches of snow lying on the ground. Most people were trying to get inside as quick as possible, we stayed outside in the cold and had a brilliant snowball fight. It might seem rather insignificant, but the guys have been through a very difficult time recently, so it was wonderful to see them enjoying themselves, forging some good memories in Glasgow.I’ve posted some pictures below of Glasgow in the evening snow.
- Paul



3 comments :
Post a Comment
Wow! Look at all that snow! I'm glad you and the guys took advantage of it with a snowball fight! How are the locals handling the slick roadways?
ah the snow. I love it I do. Spring is slowly coming here to Ottawa. It should be 13C today which is great compared to the -20C it was on Monday and Tuesday. Insane week! Enjoy your snow
So jealous, I am. I want snow ... maybe I should move to Glasgow ... sigh ...
